- Through ‘Supporting Our Communities’, First Foundation selects charitable organizations from each region in which it operates
- Recipients are awarded a monetary award and First Foundation in-kind services, such as furnishing guidance in activities ranging from fundraising to organizational planning
- Through ‘Supporting Our Communities’, First Foundation has awarded $2.5 million in cash and in-kind services to charities located throughout the San Francisco Bay area, Southern California, Las Vegas, and Hawaii
"At First Foundation, we understand and take to heart the importance of supporting the health of our local communities"
IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--First Foundation Inc. (NASDAQ: FFWM), a financial services company with two wholly-owned operating subsidiaries, First Foundation Advisors and First Foundation Bank, which collectively provide investment management, wealth planning, consulting, insurance, trust and banking services primarily to high net-worth individuals and businesses, today announced the 2016 award recipients of ‘Supporting Our Communities’, a philanthropic initiative intended to help local charitable organizations in First Foundation’s areas of operation. The goal is to aid these non-profits in increasing their fundraising capacity and achieving sustainable growth in order to positively impact financial literacy, affordable housing, public health, at-risk youth, veterans, and economic development in underserved areas.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Chinatown Community Health Center, San Francisco Bay Area
- Youth Radio, San Francisco Bay Area
- Harbor House Ministries, San Francisco Bay Area
- Asian Pacific Community Fund, Los Angeles
- Cancer Support Community, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice
- Easter Seals of Hawaii
- Pacific Gateway Center, Hawaii
- Family Programs, Hawaii
- Mercy House Living Centers, Irvine
- Concordia University, Irvine
- Voices For Children, San Diego
- Workshop for Warriors, San Diego
- Coachella Valley Housing, Indian Wells
- Habitat for Humanity of Coachella Valley, Indian Wells
- Cancer Resource Center of the Desert, El Centro
- Rainbow Dreams Educational Foundation, Las Vegas
“We are excited to announce our 2016 ‘Supporting Our Communities’ award recipients,” said Scott F. Kavanaugh, CEO, First Foundation Inc. “For four consecutive years, First Foundation has made it a priority to foster the strength of the communities in which we operate by lending meaningful assistance to the charitable organizations that uphold them. While all our award applicants are making tremendous strides in further strengthening their communities, this year’s recipients are standout examples of the tangible impact such organizations can have on all members of their community.”
The selected organizations receive a monetary award and access to financial services expertise through First Foundation in-kind services. In-kind grant and development services, as well as counsel from First Foundation staff, enables these non-profits to strengthen their organizational and fundraising capabilities. First Foundation provides the recipients with access to a veritable menu of services to improve fundraising, donor cultivation and stewardship, gift planning design, staff and board training, campaign planning, board building, development of critical policies and protocols, organizational planning, and guidance on ensuring best practices in cash management, investment policies, and strategies.
“At First Foundation, we understand and take to heart the importance of supporting the health of our local communities,” says Doug Freeman, EVP, Director of Trust Services and Consulting, First Foundation Bank. “Through the ‘Supporting Our Communities’ initiative, First Foundation is a true partner and resource to the charitable organizations directly serving the communities in which we work and live.”
To date, First Foundation has donated a total of over $2.5 million in cash and in-kind services to charitable organizations in Southern California, Las Vegas, Hawaii, and the San Francisco Bay area.
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About First Foundation, Inc.
First Foundation, a financial institution founded in 1990, provides integrated investment management, wealth planning, consulting, trust, insurance, and banking services. The Company is headquartered in Irvine, California with offices in Newport Beach, Pasadena, West Los Angeles, San Diego, Indian Wells, Oakland, and the Imperial Valley in California, in Las Vegas, Nevada, and in Honolulu, Hawaii. For more information, please visit our website at www.ff-inc.com.